WaveLight® Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q Laser
Excimer Laser System
Only LASIK with WaveLight® offers the flexible performance of Wavefront Optimized® LASIK, for faster treatment of more patients with less effort. Wavefront Optimized® LASIK depends on the speed and safety of the advanced WaveLight® Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q Laser, precision-engineered for faster, accurate procedures.
Equipped with all the advantages of the provenWaveLight® Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q Laser technology, the WaveLight® Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q Laser optimizes laser vision correction.
The WaveLight® Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q Laser was designed based on an idea that was once only imagined: a system with shortened surgery times, innovative and reliable eye-tracking, and a clear ergonomic concept.
- High-Speed 400 Hz Eye Tracking adjusted to the high speed of the laser beam actively tracks the fastest eye movement and verifies location before releasing pulses.
- Thermal Optimized Shot Distribution helps minimize the potential for thermal buildup.
- Cross line projector provides precise centration.
Together, these innovations allow the WaveLight® Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q Laser to provide improved patient comfort and excellent clinical results in both Wavefront Optimized® and Wavefront-Guided laser vision correction.
Up to 10 times faster1 than “true” custom LASIK, the high-speed laser and eye tracking of WaveLight® Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q Lasers offer a unique combination of efficiency and safety, for faster throughput, reduced environmental exposure, and excellent outcomes. In addition, its proven, state-of-the art technology provides the physician and patient both safety and reliability, with a low rate of complications and retreatments.
- Chalita MR, Krueger RR. Wavefront-guided excimer laser surgery. In: Albert D, Miller J, Azar D, Cocks ACF, Blodi B, eds. Albert & Jakobiec’s Principles and Practice of Ophthalmology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders W B Co; 2008:1041-1049.
- Mrochen M, Schelling U, Wuellner C, et al. Influence of spatial and temporal spot distribution on the ocular surface quality and maximum ablation depth after photoablation with 1050 Hz excimer laser system. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2009;35:363-373.
- US Food and Drug Administration. Summary of safety and effectiveness data for a supplemental premarket approval application. http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/pdf2/P020050S004b.pdf and http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/pdf3/P030008.html. Accessed February 12, 2009.